The key to managing a successful is consistency and creating content that will actually engage your audience. The way that you can utilize Facebook in the best possible way is only when people are actually engaging with your posts. You want to try and get people always to “SHARE” your post, “LIKE” your posts and to comment below when you post something. The potential for impact by using Facebook is limitless.
A great way to create consistency for you Facebook page is to post on a consistent basis over a long period of time. Many organizations start campaigns and efforts on social media but then get too busy and forget to manage their pages. This can actually begin to hurt your public image rather than help it. Being consistent is a key to having a successful Facebook Page.
One great way to stay consistent is to utilize a Social Media Matrix. A Matrix will help lay out what you want to accomplish through your page and how you plan to reach those goals. One great way is to plan out what you are going to post based on which day of the week it is. Once you have plan laid out then use an online calendar to help remind you to make these posts each week. You can learn more on how to creating recurring events on your google calendar by clicking here.
Here is an example of a Social Media Matrix with some ideas and suggestions:
- Monday – Post something that informs people about you organization
- Wednesday – Post a picture
- Thursday – ThrowBack Thursday
- Find old images of your efforts or of your staff members/ volunteers and post them on thursday.
- Use the hashtag #TBT
- Friday – Thank people
- Thank people for their support or prayers
- Thank them for coming to or helping with a recent event
- Do a fun video that is 1-2 minutes. This can be a simple update video that thanks your audience.
Another important part of managing a Facebook page is creating engagement on your page. Engagement on your page is whenever someone who likes your page interacts with your posts, events or page in any way. This interaction is the KEY to reaching as many people as possible. Facebook has algorithms set within their coding that keeps posts that are not considered “engaging” from reaching very many people. They reasoning for doing this is to help people who use Facebook to only see the most “important” information in their news feed. The more that they interact with your page, attend your events and share your information the more they will actually see your posts and information when you put it out there.
With all this said you want to make sure that the things you post are engaging. You want to consider your audience and try to think of things that will get them interacting with you. Be sure to ask them questions, invoke a response to your post and even try to get them to laugh, cry or respond in some emotional way. If they begin to respond to your page in an emotional way then they will actually begin to build a connection with your page and ultimately your organization.
Here are some ways that you can engage them and get them to do those things include:
- Ask them directly to “share” or “LIKE” or comment below. Ask them to respond in some way to your post. It is important not to overdo this but you can feel free to ask your audience to help you get the word out every now and then!
- Use CANVA Designs to create images and communicate with your audience in a creative way. You can put quotes up with these images, advertize events and allow people to see what you are doing.
- Use Humor in your communications. Don’t take yourself too seriously 🙂
- Post Pictures of GROUPS of people! This cannot be overstated how much this will help you to grow your facebook impact. Whenever you have events or gatherings of any kind be sure to take pictures of people in groups together. Try to get them to pose for you so that they don’t like the picture of them with their eyes closed and untag themselves. When you post the pictures go through each picture and tag each person in them. As you tag them their friends and family will see the pictures and also begin to interact with the page.
- Put out information that they will find important and interesting. Post bible verses, quotes or inspiring thoughts that they will naturally want to share with their family and friends. Here is a place you can find quotes.